Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Working Steps for Installing Themes on Nokia E61i

I have been searching the internet ever since I got my E61i about installing themes to my new phone.

I use to get the error or "Expired Certificate", so I found that changing my phone date to almost one year back can do the trick, but there was no luck. I then get an error of 'Invalid Certificate and You System Date seems to be invalid'. Then someone wrote that the date should be after one or two weeks after the publishing date of the theme, I did that too but there was no luck.

I discovered that not only you have to change the date back but you also have to change the settings for application that are installed on the phone.

Here are some easy steps for installing themes to your Nokia E61i. It is guaranteed to work, if everything is compatible. It did for me, I hope it will do the same for you too.
  1. Go to Tools >> Clock >> Settings and change the time back one year. (if its 5/6/2008, change it to 5/6/2007) - In case the "Auto-Update" is enabled, it will prompt you "Auto Update Date Time Disabled"
  2. Then go to Applications >> App Mgr >Go To the Options Menu > Settings, In the settings change the "Software Installation" value to "ALL" from "Signed Only". Signed only is usually the default selected value.
  3. Now copy the theme to your phone (.sis file) and open it. It will verify to continue installing unsigned application, select "Continue", every time is asks for confirmation. Then select where to install the theme, that is phone or memory card.
  4. In the last go to Tools >> Themes >> and select the theme you just installed.
Enjoy the new themes on your new Nokia E61i, but don't forget to change back the date to the real date. You can find more themes on http://www.mobile9.com/

Cheers!

You can post comments and feedback in case you are finding problems on your Nokia E61i.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would but say to you all "impressive information" wordpress templates